In keeping with the theme of small thematic armies or warbands, I present here my small force of Salamanders Space Marines. This force was made from leftover 'firstborn' Space Marine models donated by Grey Mountain Gaming club members and a few models from my own collection that were made to create different factions of Marines for people to use in the club's different narratives and games days. I'm pretty fond of this force. It reminds me of the type of army you might have seen in Codex: Armageddon or a White Dwarf from the early 2000's. It's probably the attack bike and combat squad that does it. From a composition and development standpoint, I wanted to give some of the flavor of the Salamanders as a chapter (ie., flame weapons) and construct the force as a small rapid reaction unit or rapid incursion strike force. I picture them being in Vahland Sector to pursue the traitors of the Centurions of Innocence [LINK] a former Successor chapter of the Salamanders turned traitor, and of course helping to contain the many flashpoints in Vahland that threaten to destabilize Southern Ultramar and the Charadon Sector.
Captain Nehr Fal'yn is the esteemed leader of this strike force. As evidenced by the fact he has traded in his helmet for a glowy sword, the mark of any true hero of the Imperium. I've never been a fan of the lore that Salamanders have black skin and red eyes. My first introduction to the chapter portrayed them with African skin tones, and I've always preferred that to the more sci-fi approach.
The force was really rapidly painted using Vallejo's Intermediate Green thinned down for use in an airbrush. Which made short work of the force and applied a nice even green across the full force. I added in small flame details here and there, and I had a small amount of Salamanders shoulder pads and upgrades from Forge World which were donated to the club by one of its members.
All in all, the force is appealing to me, and its always a great feeling to have a painted force on the table. I've got a few posts queued up to show you these guys on the field working to keep Vahland Sector safe from the Mutant, Xenos and Heretic very soon. So stay tuned!
Thank you for reading!
-Your Favorite Madman-



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please refrain from profanity and adult content. Thank You.