Sunday, October 15, 2017

Hobby: Stormknights of the White Wolf

I was thinking of playing AoS in the old world. Jd and some of the guys at our local GW concur. I could see the Stormcast Eternals being an experiment from the college's of magic by Teclis that uses the best and bravest of the empire knight houses and gives them magic powers and brutal strength. The motivation being Archaon and his boys coming down and kicking ass during the storm of chaos. The empire is left in ruins after fighting off Nagash a few years earlier and a wave of pro-chaos Skaven clans sacking Altdorf the year before Archaon comes in means he's really successful. Rumors of Sigmars return are rife in those times, and many suspect a final victory for chaos. The reality is not so much victory but a stalemate. Glottkin, a mighty chaos general in his own right betrays Archaon as the chaos host reaches Reikland, and gets bogged down in a number of costly sieges. Internal divsions starts fracturing the chaos warriors, and strikes from the stormcast prove vital in dissolving the chaos cohesion. For their vital role and their devout resolve in their God kings name, the new age post-archaon invasion is named the Age of Simgar. Chaos warbands now reside in the south, particularly in the ruins of Middenhiem and Kislev The empire rebuilds.

I prefer to think of the old setting in terms of modeling, and while I miss the regimented blocks the new system is frenetic and enjoyable. I'm sure the new mortal realms setting is interesting but I prefer the more traditional tolkienesque map.

So I picked up the cheap little battle pack "Storm of Sigmar" with 5 Stormcast and some chaos guys, split between myself and as mentioned before JD.





I'm happy with how the majority of the model came out, I do think I want to revisit the shield, however, it's far too blue. 

I did some experimenting with adding greatsword pieces to the Stormcast as well, and I do really love the results.



thanks for reading!



-Your Favorite Madman-






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from profanity and adult content. Thank You.