Some time ago now, I completed a small combat patrol of Necrons for what I've been terming the 'Galthadra Dynasty'. A lesser branch of the wider Nihilak Dynasty, the Galthadran Necrons hail from the Belt of Calces in the heart of the Vahland Sector. Their awakening has caused some issues of late for the Imperium, and for several other lesser Xenos races that call the core of Vahland sector home
I wanted to go for a different scheme than I had seen on Necrons, while still keeping on theme for them being a spooky undead force. I settled on a rusty brown, with accents of yellow, white and brassy gold. To give the impression of a worn and weathered robot but while maintaining some of the pomp and heraldic grandeur that I think of when I think about the Necrons
Originally the force was intended to fight against the Sages of Enmity [LINK] as an introduction for an ex to Warhammer 40,000 back in 9th edition. That obviously did not come to fruition as you can probably guess that didn't end of working out. But I still got plenty of games in of 9th and 10th.
The wider club's collection of Necrons, which is now in the many thousands of point's is largely painted in Nihlak Codex compliant colors. But this brown little unit still remains.
This sort of mismatch doesn't bother me to much, I've always enjoyed the history that tabletop games that can communicate. I've met so many people through this hobby and my collection of miniatures reflects the changing interests, styles of moments of my life. I think that's really special. So even though the Brown Crons represent a painful moment of personal seperation and loss in my life, painting them helped me to find resolution with that breakup.
One of the reasons this blog is still going is after all because I'm a bit of a nostalgic person that likes to wax poetic and talk about life and toy soldiers.
I hope you enjoyed!
-Your Favorite Madman-




No comments:
Post a Comment
Please refrain from profanity and adult content. Thank You.